-   -   How can I lock the formatting (patterns) in Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/45916-how-can-i-lock-formatting-patterns-excel.html)

AdrianC

How can I lock the formatting (patterns) in Excel?

I am trying to set up a patterened spreadsheet, similar to a checkbook
register with alternating colors for each row. However, if I want to copy
and paste, or drag any information around, all the colors move from where it
was selected from. Is there a way to lock the formatting (keep the patterns
like as a background) but still be able to copy/paste and move things around?

Thanks!

Dave Peterson

Are you using conditional formatting for anything?

If no, you can use it for this shading:
http://cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm

--

Dave Peterson