-   -   Formatting a number to look like a Percent without a percent sign (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/45569-formatting-number-look-like-percent-without-percent-sign.html)

David Iacoponi

Formatting a number to look like a Percent without a percent sign

We often want a column of decimals to have a percent sign only on the first
number in the column, so:
..553
..554
(.345)
need to be formatted to look like
55.3%
55.4
(34.5)
where all the decimals align vertically. I can't figure out how to do this
without multiplying the second and third cells by 100, which is a bad
solution.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Mike

format custom 0.0

"David Iacoponi" wrote:

We often want a column of decimals to have a percent sign only on the first
number in the column, so:
.553
.554
(.345)
need to be formatted to look like
55.3%
55.4
(34.5)
where all the decimals align vertically. I can't figure out how to do this
without multiplying the second and third cells by 100, which is a bad
solution.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Mike

And by the way, multiplying by 100 is the only solution for what you want.