-   -   How can I conditionally add up cells and display? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/45562-how-can-i-conditionally-add-up-cells-display.html)

Marty

How can I conditionally add up cells and display?

I'm new to excel...so sorry if this is simple.. I can't figure it out...

I want to add up expeneses on one worksheet and display on another based
upon what category they are.

Sheet 1 Column a is description, B = amount, c=category from drop down list
(sheet 2 column list i.e. vehcile, travel, etc.). Each row repersents a
different expenses.

It would be great to find a simply way to allow the cell to the right of
each item on the drop down list to show the total amount of all expenses of
that type. Don't know if this is possible or easy to do. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Marty

Bob Phillips

=SUMIF(Sheet1!C:C,A1,Sheet1!B:B)