-   -   XLSSTART\ does not works when Excel is launched from other application (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/45506-xlsstart%5C-does-not-works-when-excel-launched-other-application.html)

Vliegenmepper

XLSSTART\ does not works when Excel is launched from other application

Hi There,

I've created a Macro and placed it into the XLSSTART directory.
Everytime Excel is opened the Macro button appears. So far so good.
From within Navision we have an option that converts data to an Excel
sheet, this option starts Excel and fills the tables. Problem with this
is that when Excel is started from Navision, the Macro button doesn't
appear.

Consequently I'm thinking that Excel doesn't refer to the XLSSTART
directory when it 's started with an API-call from another
application?

Someone know how I can arrange things so that the Macro is available
even when Excel is launched via another application?

Cheers,
Kenneth

--
Vliegenmepper
Vliegenmepper's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27273

Bob Phillips

You will need to explicitly open it.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Vliegenmepper"
wrote in message
news:Vliegenmepper.1ved6d_1126782307.6757@excelfor um-nospam.com...

Hi There,

I've created a Macro and placed it into the XLSSTART directory.
Everytime Excel is opened the Macro button appears. So far so good.
From within Navision we have an option that converts data to an Excel