-   -   External Links not updating (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/45499-external-links-not-updating.html)

Lou Di Pietro

External Links not updating

I had a workbook which I split into two books (for size reasons) containing
several worksheets each. These are accessed using Excel 2000 & XP 2003

The two books have links going both ways. Book A contains a data entry
sheet and a report Sheet - amongst others. Book B contains calculation sheets
- with the answers linking back to the Report sheet in Book A.

If both books are open then everything works fine. However, if only Book A
is open then links in that file do not update from Book B, even though a
manual update returns no errors - ie OK.

If Book B is opened without Book A then those links in Book B do update.
The problem only appears to occur when Book A is opened without Book B -
causing values in the report sheet not to update.

Both files are in the same directory.

Does anyone have any ideas on this one?

Thanks.