-   -   Pass Fail on multiple variables (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/454254-pass-fail-multiple-variables.html)

Milo Bloom

Pass Fail on multiple variables

I have a question, I want to look a 2 different numbers and determine if a test is pass or fail.

You are given a "curve #" Excel has a list of these curves.
you give excel "unit Weight and Moisture" In the "curves table it specify a minimum compaction based on the "curve" and moisture array say Optimum +3% or Optimum +-3% etc.

I posted the sheets here.

Index of /Excel

on Line 15 you can see where i was experimenting.
I did make the table on page Curves a named range. Curves

I need columns h & m to meet the specs on page "curves:" column
In other words line 9 column H needs to be 13 to 17% and column n needs to be greater than 114.2 for a PASS else Fail.

TIA for any Help

Milo

Roger Govier[_11_]

'Index of /Excel' (http://pourtney.com/Excel/)

--
Milo Bloom

Hi Milo
Why not create another named range called Curves2 just containing the 4 values you want to use in your Lookup for each curve.
I created a named range called CurvesRow as =Curves!$B$4:$B$10
I then placed the 4 parameters in cells M4:P10, and named this range as Curves2.

Then your formula becomes
=IF(A15="","",LOOKUP(N15,INDEX(Curves2,MATCH(G15,C urvesRow,0),),{"Fail","Pass"}))

Milo Bloom

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milo Bloom (Post 1631107)
I have a question, I want to look a 2 different numbers and determine if a test is pass or fail.

You are given a "curve #" Excel has a list of these curves.
you give excel "unit Weight and Moisture" In the "curves table it specify a minimum compaction based on the "curve" and moisture array say Optimum +3% or Optimum +-3% etc.

I posted the sheets here.

Index of /Excel

on Line 15 you can see where i was experimenting.
I did make the table on page Curves a named range. Curves

I need columns h & m to meet the specs on page "curves:" column
In other words line 9 column H needs to be 13 to 17% and column n needs to be greater than 114.2 for a PASS else Fail.

TIA for any Help

Milo

Thanks for the help, I seemly tried to follow the instructions but get a #N/A
I tried to step through it and seems to be ok until the final step.
I posted the new file as version 4.

Thanks Again :-)