-   -   Tool Bar Icons Disappearing (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/45421-tool-bar-icons-disappearing.html)

John Wood

Tool Bar Icons Disappearing

I am trying to customize my tool bars by adding existing icons from the
custom list, not normally a problem.

Recently, I have tried to add the "Mail Recipient" icon. It shows on the
tool bar when in the customize mode but disappears when I close the customize
window.

Any Idea what is causing this? Excel 2002 SP2

John

Ron de Bruin

Hi John

Is FileSend To..Mail Recipient working on that machine ?

Maybe this is your problem
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm
Number 2

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"John Wood" <John wrote in message ...
I am trying to customize my tool bars by adding existing icons from the
custom list, not normally a problem.

Recently, I have tried to add the "Mail Recipient" icon. It shows on the
tool bar when in the customize mode but disappears when I close the customize
window.

Any Idea what is causing this? Excel 2002 SP2

John

John Wood

Ron, good question. Under send to is lists a couple of options (Send to as
attachement, etc. ). I am seeing Mail Recipient as Adobe PDF. I added the
Adobe upgrade a few months ago; it is possible that the adobe is overriding
my normal icon?
John

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi John

Is FileSend To..Mail Recipient working on that machine ?

Maybe this is your problem
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm
Number 2

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"John Wood" <John wrote in message ...
I am trying to customize my tool bars by adding existing icons from the
custom list, not normally a problem.

Recently, I have tried to add the "Mail Recipient" icon. It shows on the
tool bar when in the customize mode but disappears when I close the customize
window.

Any Idea what is causing this? Excel 2002 SP2

John

Ron de Bruin

it is possible that the adobe is overriding
Have you used it before you did the upgrade

Have you check the win.ini file (number 2 on the webpage)

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi John

Is FileSend To..Mail Recipient working on that machine ?

Maybe this is your problem
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm
Number 2

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"John Wood" <John wrote in message ...
I am trying to customize my tool bars by adding existing icons from the
custom list, not normally a problem.

Recently, I have tried to add the "Mail Recipient" icon. It shows on the
tool bar when in the customize mode but disappears when I close the customize
window.

Any Idea what is causing this? Excel 2002 SP2

John

John Wood

What do you mean by (number 2 on the webpage)?

JW

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi John

Is FileSend To..Mail Recipient working on that machine ?

Maybe this is your problem
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm
Number 2

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"John Wood" <John wrote in message ...
I am trying to customize my tool bars by adding existing icons from the
custom list, not normally a problem.

Recently, I have tried to add the "Mail Recipient" icon. It shows on the
tool bar when in the customize mode but disappears when I close the customize
window.

Any Idea what is causing this? Excel 2002 SP2

John

Dave Peterson

Look at Ron's site once more.

Look for:

2)
Controls to send mail in Excel are missing or disabled or when you try to use
the "SendMail" function in a
Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) macro, you receive the following
error message:
Run-time error '1004': Method 'SendMail' of object '_Workbook' failed.