-   -   Conditional Cost allocation (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/45420-conditional-cost-allocation.html)

CotoJoe

Conditional Cost allocation

I have employees that I must allocate to 90 or so cost codes each month. The
employee's change each month, as do the total cost for each and the
allocation of these costs.

What I want to do is have an input section which would show:
Employee name
Employee cost by cost code

Then I want to worksheet to show each employee in a column and their
associated cost by code, with the cost codes shown in column A.

My question is, how do I do this in an automatic function? I can see using
the sumif function for each column once the data is there, but is there an
easy way to go from the input section to the columns themselves, given that
the column names (i.e. the employees) change each month.

Any help would be appreciated.
--
CotoJoe