Old August 10th 18, 05:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default getting a yes/no for repeating items

I am requesting help getting a YES/NO based on repeating items with unique categories where only one item can include the yes.

I have a table with a drop down of BASE, ALT, ADD. Producing YES/NO from the BASE was easy. Producing YES/NO when each item only had 2 categories was easy. It is the 3rd category which is throwing me off. I need to do this as a formula within the include column.

Please see the below examples.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My values are located in the following cells:

a b c
1 Select: BASE
2
3 Item Category Include
4 a BASE YES
5 b BASE YES
6 b ALT NO
7 c BASE YES
8 c ADD NO
9 c ALT NO
10 d BASE YES
11 d ADD NO

What I need to do is when I change the selection box to for example base, all the items that are base need to say YES in the include column and NO for the non base items as in the above example.

When I select ALT, it needs to say YES for those items that either only have a BASE or if they have a multiple options the ALT line needs to say YES while the others say NO as in the below example.

a b c
1 Select: ALT
2
3 Item Category Include
4 a BASE YES
5 b BASE NO
6 b ALT YES
7 c BASE NO
8 c ADD NO
9 c ALT YES
10 d BASE YES
11 d ADD NO

When I select ADD, it needs to say YES for those items that either only have a BASE or if they have a multiple options the ADD line needs to say YES while the others say NO as in the below example.

a b c
1 Select: ADD
2
3 Item Category Include