-   -   Average of multiple cells across multiple sheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/454088-average-multiple-cells-across-multiple-sheets.html)

Craig Pyle

Average of multiple cells across multiple sheets

Hi

I am struggling to get averages of multiple cells across multiple sheets (not in a range) whilst ignoring blank cells.

Can anyone assist please?

Simon Woodward

On Wednesday, 16 May 2018 03:45:58 UTC+12, Craig Pyle wrote:
Hi

I am struggling to get averages of multiple cells across multiple sheets (not in a range) whilst ignoring blank cells.

Can anyone assist please?

I would suggest collecting all the values into a single sheet first. Then you can use SUM(cells)/COUNT(cells) to ginore blanks.

iliace

On Tuesday, May 15, 2018 at 11:45:58 AM UTC-4, Craig Pyle wrote:
Hi

I am struggling to get averages of multiple cells across multiple sheets (not in a range) whilst ignoring blank cells.

Can anyone assist please?

For example, you can say:

=AVERAGE(Sheet1:Sheet4!A1)

This will average A1 in each of the sheets between Sheet1 and Sheet4. It is best if they are adjacent. If any cell is blank, AVERAGE() will ignore them.