-   -   Formula to populate based on the dropdown selection.. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/453885-formula-populate-based-dropdown-selection.html)

[email protected]

Formula to populate based on the dropdown selection..

I'm building a simple rev template, but I want it to be
multi-functional. Here's what I'd like it to do:

INPUT SHEET: User is prompted to select task from a dropdown list (E3) . List has
three options [Internal, Internal + Partner, Internal + Partner + Influencer]

When user selects a particular option, a column on that INPUT SHEET (G3)
automatically populates the sum of (D3*F3)

How do I make this happen - and can I make this happen with those 3 option names?

For reference, I would want the Type data to begin in Cell E3 of the
Sheet.

GS[_6_]

Formula to populate based on the dropdown selection..

Try...

=IF(LEN($E3),$D3*$F3,"")

...which will leave the cell empty if E3 is blank!

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc