-   -   How do I create an excel macro to append to a cell with existing i (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/45378-how-do-i-create-excel-macro-append-cell-existing-i.html)

zola_tiara

How do I create an excel macro to append to a cell with existing i

How do I create an excel macro to append data to a cell with existing data?

example
one row has rs1006 and I want it to read rs1006.jpg

there are 5000 records in each one of my sheets is why I am looking for a
macro.

Anne Troy

Zola: You can prolly do this, much more quickly: insert a column and type
the following formula (change A1 to the cell in which your first product
number resides):
=a1&".jpg"
Copy it down using the Fill Handle:
Leaving all the cells selected, hit Copy, then immediately hit Edit--Paste
special--Values.
Delete the original column.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"zola_tiara" wrote in message
How do I create an excel macro to append data to a cell with existing
data?

example
one row has rs1006 and I want it to read rs1006.jpg

there are 5000 records in each one of my sheets is why I am looking for a
macro.

David Billigmeier

If i'm reading you right you can just use the CONCATENATE() function and drag
down, you don't need a macro.

If A1 had the value 'John' and A2 had the value 'Smith':

=CONCATENATE(A1," ",A2) will output "John Smith"

Dave
<!--

"zola_tiara" wrote:

How do I create an excel macro to append data to a cell with existing data?

example
one row has rs1006 and I want it to read rs1006.jpg

there are 5000 records in each one of my sheets is why I am looking for a
macro.

zola_tiara

Thank you so much, this just shows there is so much more for me to learn
about Excel.

Thanks again, what a help.

Zola

"zola_tiara" wrote in message
How do I create an excel macro to append data to a cell with existing
data?

example
one row has rs1006 and I want it to read rs1006.jpg

there are 5000 records in each one of my sheets is why I am looking for a
macro.

zola_tiara

Thanks for the quick response and the valuable help. This will definately
make it much easier on me in manipulating these records.

zola