-   -   Same formula in each cell of column; insert rows w/o copying down (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/45375-same-formula-each-cell-column%3B-insert-rows-w-o-copying-down.html)

tgdavis

Same formula in each cell of column; insert rows w/o copying down

My spreadsheet has a formula repeated in each cell of a column. Is there
anyway that I can insert rows without having to manually copy down the
formula each time?

Mike

Just highlight the cell below it and hit ctrl d.

"tgdavis" wrote:

My spreadsheet has a formula repeated in each cell of a column. Is there
anyway that I can insert rows without having to manually copy down the
formula each time?

Eric

Alternatively, you could copy an entire row then insert it where you want the
new row.

Eric

"tgdavis" wrote:

My spreadsheet has a formula repeated in each cell of a column. Is there
anyway that I can insert rows without having to manually copy down the
formula each time?

Gord Dibben

From a Dave Peterson post to the wrong posting<g

David McRitchie has a macro that may do what you want:

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm
look for: InsertRowsAndFillFormulas

Gord Dibben Excel MVP