-   -   I want to extract the pence from a currency sum (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/453105-i-want-extract-pence-currency-sum.html)

JulieS[_2_]

I want to extract the pence from a currency sum

Hello

I am working on a sheet where I need to breakdown a currency value into pounds and pence in separate columns without the pence showing the decimal point.

Claus Busch

I want to extract the pence from a currency sum

Hi Julie,

Am Wed, 1 Feb 2017 08:24:05 -0800 (PST) schrieb JulieS:

I am working on a sheet where I need to breakdown a currency value into pounds and pence in separate columns without the pence showing the decimal point.

i.e. 123.58 in B1 becomes 123 in C1 and 58 in D1

try in C1:
=INT(B1)
and in D1:
=MOD(B1,1)

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016

JulieS[_2_]

I want to extract the pence from a currency sum

Hi Claus

Thank you for that, is there anyway the decimals can be populated without the decimal point so it literally becomes 58?

Thank you!

Claus Busch

Am Wed, 1 Feb 2017 08:50:38 -0800 (PST) schrieb JulieS:

Thank you for that, is there anyway the decimals can be populated without the decimal point so it literally becomes 58?

multiply by 100:
=MOD(B1,1)*100

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016

JulieS[_2_]

On Wednesday, February 1, 2017 at 4:58:23 PM UTC, Claus Busch wrote:
Hi Julie,

Am Wed, 1 Feb 2017 08:50:38 -0800 (PST) schrieb JulieS:

Thank you for that, is there anyway the decimals can be populated without the decimal point so it literally becomes 58?

multiply by 100:
=MOD(B1,1)*100

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016

Thanks Claus, that works when I have a number but when the decimal is 00, it just populates as 0, and I don't know how to populate the second zero, any ideas?

I really appreciate your help on this!

Claus Busch

I want to extract the pence from a currency sum

Hi,

Am Wed, 1 Feb 2017 09:07:24 -0800 (PST) schrieb JulieS:

Thanks Claus, that works when I have a number but when the decimal is 00, it just populates as 0, and I don't know how to populate the second zero, any ideas?

format D1 with custom numberformat 00

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016

JulieS[_2_]

On Wednesday, February 1, 2017 at 5:19:54 PM UTC, Claus Busch wrote:
Hi,

Am Wed, 1 Feb 2017 09:07:24 -0800 (PST) schrieb JulieS:

Thanks Claus, that works when I have a number but when the decimal is 00, it just populates as 0, and I don't know how to populate the second zero, any ideas?

format D1 with custom numberformat 00

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016

Claus - Thank you so much! It works, you star! I really appreciate this.