Old December 3rd 16, 12:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to show full cell contents?

Why can I not see the full contents of B2, '03/12/2016 11 :19',
extending into the next empty column, just as in the row above?
I don't want to widen col B.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...-Column-01.bmp

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Old December 3rd 16, 12:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Terry,

Am Sat, 03 Dec 2016 11:28:35 +0000 schrieb Terry Pinnell:

Why can I not see the full contents of B2, '03/12/2016 11 :19',
extending into the next empty column, just as in the row above?
I don't want to widen col B.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...-Column-01.bmp

perhaps C2 is not empty.

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016
Old December 3rd 16, 02:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Claus,

No, it is indeed empty.

I had been assuming that cell B2 would be treated identically to B1, as text. Both have a General format. And I also tried Text format in vain.

However, I now realise that Excel must be insisting on treating it as a date. So I'll simply prefix it with a single quote character.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK