-   -   How do I set Save Options? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/45216-how-do-i-set-save-options.html)

DeweyG

How do I set Save Options?

I'm working with a Excel file created & saved on a secure network site by
another user. I wanted to reset the save options for this file so I clicked
File/Save As/Tools and expected to see General Options as a choice to choose
to set the save options. General Options was not displayed. I chose
properties under the Tools dialog box, set my ID as owner and gave my ID full
permissions and then saved the file. When I tried to reset the save options
again I still do not get the General Options dialog box. I have no trouble
performing this task with other files. Help!

Dave Peterson

I couldn't do anything that would stop the "General Options" from showing up.

But MS did change the wording/path to get to this option.

Tools|General Options (xl2002+ wording)
tools|Options (in earlier versions)

Could it be that simple?

===
Just in case...
What version of excel are you using?
What's the fileformat that you're trying to save (Workbook or something else)?

--

Dave Peterson