-   -   Highlighting cells when others are populated (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/451901-highlighting-cells-when-others-populated.html)

Baiona

Highlighting cells when others are populated

Hello all

I would like to be able to use conditional formatting so that when I enter a value in a cell it highlights the first 4 cells in that row.

There is already a formula in place that means all cells from E5:LZ203 highlight green if a value is entered (=NOT(ISBLANK(E5)).

Eg: I have entered “2” into cells V6:W6 and they go green.

However in addition what I would like to happen is that the first 4 cells in that row change colour (basically means it’s planned). In this case A6:D6.

Help!

GS[_6_]

Highlighting cells when others are populated

Hello all

I would like to be able to use conditional formatting so that when I
enter a value in a cell it highlights the first 4 cells in that row.

There is already a formula in place that means all cells from
E5:LZ203 highlight green if a value is entered (=NOT(ISBLANK(E5)).

Eg: I have entered €œ2€ into cells V6:W6 and they go green.

However in addition what I would like to happen is that the first 4
cells in that row change colour (basically means its planned). In
this case A6:D6.

Help!

Not clear on what you're trying to do, but sounds like you just need to
copy the CF to cels ib A:D for the desired rows.

Also, be aware your CF formula uses 2 functions where a single function
would suffice (and be more efficient)...

=LEN(E5)

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

---

GS[_6_]

Highlighting cells when others are populated

Typo...

Not clear on what you're trying to do, but sounds like you just need
to copy the CF to cells in A:D for the desired rows.