-   -   Deleting every other row (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/451333-re-deleting-every-other-row.html)

[email protected]

Deleting every other row

On Friday, October 30, 2015 at 6:42:58 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Tuesday, April 28, 1998 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Paul T. Sindelar wrote:
Sorry to ask a question that has probably been answered one to many times...
but I need to delete every other row in a couple of different spreadsheets.
I'm hoping it can be done with a couple lines of code in a loop. I have
ruffly 62,000 rows to go through so the manual method is probably
inefficient.

Please advise,

-paul

If you don't want to do a macro, put =mod(row(),2) in a column on the rows you want to delete. Then sort by the column- it'll separate the rows you want to delete from the rest.

This worked beautifully. Thanks! Very simple.