-   -   Pivot Table record-name wrong/corrupted in list (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/451076-pivot-table-record-name-wrong-corrupted-list.html)

Sarah H.[_2_]

Pivot Table record-name wrong/corrupted in list

Hi, guys,

I'm flummoxed by this one: I have a large Pivot Table that works
fine except that one of the listed items has turned itself into
a string of numbers and lower-case letters. It's supposed to be
three capital letters (a stock symbol). I can't see why or how
this happened. All the source data looks fine and the rest of
the Pivot Table looks fine, as do the columns and figures for this
item.

Symbol OPT STK Grand Total
UVXY 349.37 349.37
SHLD 33.41 33.41
MSFT 30.20 30.20
3a42h45 14.41 6.91 21.32
SEPH 59.92 59.92

How do I fix "3a42h45" so it shows the symbol, similarly to the
other lines?

/sh