-   -   #DIV/0! error (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/451018-div-0-error.html)

[email protected]

#DIV/0! error

I have a spreadsheet where the formula is =(G38-E38-F38)/E38 and goes down the entire column. Its a percentage that shows up when there are numbers put into the rows, but it shows the #DIV/0! error when there isn't anything in the rows. Is there a way to just keep the cell blank when there isn't any numbers in the row instead of showing an error?

Claus Busch

#DIV/0! error

Hi Erin,

Am Fri, 7 Aug 2015 10:14:12 -0700 (PDT) schrieb :

I have a spreadsheet where the formula is =(G38-E38-F38)/E38 and goes down the entire column. Its a percentage that shows up when there are numbers put into the rows, but it shows the #DIV/0! error when there isn't anything in the rows. Is there a way to just keep the cell blank when there isn't any numbers in the row instead of showing an error?

try:
=IF(E38=0,"",(G38-E38-F38)/E38)
or:
=IFERROR((G38-E38-F38)/E38,"")

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional