-   -   How do I move the data in one cell on a page to another page/cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/45085-how-do-i-move-data-one-cell-page-another-page-cell.html)

Excell Beginner Help

How do I move the data in one cell on a page to another page/cell

What command do I use to move the containts of one cell on a page to a
different page and cell???

Roger Govier

On the receiving page and cell, type = then navigate to the sheet and cell
where you wish to extract the data and press Enter.

Assuming you were in cell B1 of Sheet2,and you wanted it to copy the value
from Sheet1 cell A10, then Excel would insert the formula

=Sheet1!A10

You can just type the formula yourself, but it is probably easier to let
Excel do it for you first time. Note, if your sheet name contains spaces,
then the formula need single quotes around the sheet name.

='My new sheet'!A10

Regards

Roger Govier

Excell Beginner Help wrote:
What command do I use to move the containts of one cell on a page to a
different page and cell???

CyberTaz

If you actually want to remove from original cell and put someplace else, Cut
& Paste is a good a way as any.

Regards |:)