Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Opening Problems ? And, Other Equiv Spreadsheets ?

Hello,

Using Excel 2007 and W7

Have a file password protected.
For the last few months, all sorts of problems in opening it up.
Finally does, but usually a few locks, PC hangups and crashes first.
And, repeatedly asking for passwords, etc.

Once open, it (usually) works fine.

Sometimes, after opening, it just freezes, though.

Worked fine up until a few months ago.
Driving me crazy.

Is there any free Spreadsheet program more or less equivalent to Excel
that I could import this Excel file into, and also give it a password,
that would presumably then work ?

Thanks,
Bob

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello,

Using Excel 2007 and W7

Have a file password protected.
For the last few months, all sorts of problems in opening it up.
Finally does, but usually a few locks, PC hangups and crashes first.
And, repeatedly asking for passwords, etc.

Once open, it (usually) works fine.

Sometimes, after opening, it just freezes, though.

Worked fine up until a few months ago.
Driving me crazy.

Is there any free Spreadsheet program more or less equivalent to
Excel that I could import this Excel file into, and also give it a
password, that would presumably then work ?

Thanks,
Bob

---

LibreOffice Calc can read/write Excel file formats no problem!

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc