-   -   How to create a sequence based on another column values? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/450476-how-create-sequence-based-another-column-values.html)

obarahmeh

How to create a sequence based on another column values?

Dears,
I need your help.
My problem is: I need to create a sequence in column B that is changing when a change in column A happens.
What I need exactly: I need the sequence to start from 20 then added by 20 whenever the value in column A still the same --- 20, 40, 60, .... But if the value in column A is changed then the sequence should start from the beginning again (20,40,..).

Hope you help me as I am stuck in this issue.

Best Regards

zvkmpw

How to create a sequence based on another column values?

I need the sequence to start from 20 then added by
20 whenever the value in column A still the same --- 20, 40, 60, ....
But if the value in column A is changed then the sequence should start
from the beginning again (20,40,..).

Here's one way, assuming the column A values start at A1.

In B1, put 20.

In B2, put
=IF(A2="","",IF(A1=A2,B1+20,20))
and copy B2 down past the last possible column A value.

Modify as needed.

Claus Busch

How to create a sequence based on another column values?

Hi,

Am Sun, 30 Nov 2014 09:25:56 +0000 schrieb obarahmeh:

What I need exactly: I need the sequence to start from 20 then added by
20 whenever the value in column A still the same --- 20, 40, 60, ....
But if the value in column A is changed then the sequence should start
from the beginning again (20,40,..).

please post an example how such a sequence should look like

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional