-   -   Is there a limit to number of words in a cell in excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/4503-there-limit-number-words-cell-excel.html)

rampam1

Is there a limit to number of words in a cell in excel?

I can not print a cell if it has too many words? any suggestions?

Gord Dibben

rampan

Excel Help on "limits" or "specifications" reveals that Excel will allow
32,767 characters to be entered in a cell.

However, it goes on to state that "only 1024 characters will be visible or can
be printed"

To work around this limitation, stick a few ALT + ENTERs in at appropriate
spots.

The ALT + ENTER forces a line-feed and expands the 1024 limit.

How far is not really known. Just experiment.

.........From Dave Peterson..........

I put this formula in A1:
="xxx"& REPT(REPT("asdf ",25)&CHAR(10),58)&"yyy"

And adjusted the columnwidth, rowheight and font size and I got about 7300
characters to print ok.

Failing that, use a Text Box to store the text.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP