-   -   if there is a blank ,how to get the blank cell in a range be highlighted (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/449939-if-there-blank-how-get-blank-cell-range-highlighted.html)

sumesh56

if there is a blank ,how to get the blank cell in a range be highlighted

From C2:H30 I have marks of students.If there is a blank cell ,how to find out the blank cell without the entry of marks?I want to get a blank cell(without input) to be highlighted red in a range of cells. thanks

GS[_2_]

if there is a blank ,how to get the blank cell in a range be highlighted

From C2:H30 I have marks of students.If there is a blank cell ,how
to find out the blank cell without the entry of marks?I want to get a
blank cell(without input) to be highlighted red in a range of cells.
thanks

With range selected, use Conditional Formatting Formula "=LEN(A1=0)",
then set the formatting. This assumes A1 is the active cell of your
selected range. If not A1 then substitute in formula for the active
cell of your selected range.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

GS[_2_]

if there is a blank ,how to get the blank cell in a range be highlighted

Oops! ..misplaced closing bracket. Formula should be...

=LEN(A1)=0

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

sumesh56

Quote:

Originally Posted by GS[_2_] (Post 1616709)
Oops! ..misplaced closing bracket. Formula should be...

=LEN(A1)=0

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

thanks Garry. you are always there to help. but in this case it is not working. i selected a range C16:F19 and have given the formula like this =LEN(C16:F19)=0 gives me value error message