-   -   Expanding Date formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/449802-expanding-date-formula.html)

Colin Hayes

Expanding Date formula

Hi

I use this formula to calculate how many months and days between two
dates :

=DATEDIF(C4,C6,"YM") & " Months, " & DATEDIF(C4,C6,"MD") & " Days"

However , it doesn't work when there is more than a year between the two
dates.

Can someone advice how to modify the formula so it incorporates the
extra multiples of 12 months if they are present? I only need to return
months and days.

Thanks

Ron Rosenfeld[_2_]

Expanding Date formula

On Tue, 11 Feb 2014 22:51:11 +0000, Colin Hayes wrote:

Hi

I use this formula to calculate how many months and days between two
dates :

=DATEDIF(C4,C6,"YM") & " Months, " & DATEDIF(C4,C6,"MD") & " Days"

However , it doesn't work when there is more than a year between the two
dates.

Can someone advice how to modify the formula so it incorporates the
extra multiples of 12 months if they are present? I only need to return
months and days.

Thanks

cpearson.com has information regarding the datedif function.

Try changing "ym" to just "m"

Colin Hayes

Expanding Date formula

cpearson.com has information regarding the datedif function.

Try changing "ym" to just "m"

Hi

OK thanks for this. It's working fine now.

Grateful for your help.

Best Wishes ,