-   -   data spans multiple rows within each cell is collapsed when FILTER is used (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/449717-data-spans-multiple-rows-within-each-cell-collapsed-when-filter-used.html)

[email protected]

data spans multiple rows within each cell is collapsed when FILTER is used

i have multi-row data in my cells. however, when i apply a filter on the column, the multi-row data is collapsed and appears as one long string. one idea i had was to append a single space after each data element before the carriage return. this works in solving the filter issue but it creates another issue, namely that i now have spaces after my data elements... this could be an issue for someone trying to cut/paste the data out. is there a more graceful solution?