-   -   Pivot Table - Row Label Combination (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/449444-pivot-table-row-label-combination.html)

[email protected]

Pivot Table - Row Label Combination

In my source data have have two separate columns which contain the same type of data.

Column #1 is "Symptom 1" and contains data such as "Broken/Damaged", "Cosmetic", "Labeling - Incorrect".
Column #2 is "Symptom 2" and contains data such as "Broken/Damaged", "Cosmetic", "Labeling - Incorrect".

When I drag these two columns into the Row Labels on my pivot table the Column #2 is a subset of Column 1. Since they contain the same information, but for different non-conformances, I'd like to combine Column 1 and Column 2 into the same row label without subsets such that I can have a total amount of Symptom, whether it be Symptom 1 or Symptom 2.

Thanks