-   -   list missing values in a sequence (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/44928-list-missing-values-sequence.html)

matt

list missing values in a sequence

I've got a list of data with some values missing. Is there a way that I can
leave the data unaltered, while listing which values are missing from each
column?

So if my data looks like this:

<header <data 1 <data 2<
1 .5 .6
2 .4
3
4 .6 .2

my list will have
data 1 data 2
2 3
3

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gary''s Student

Copy the data elsewhere. Sort the copied data by data1 and data2 ascending.
All your missing data will float to the top.
--
Gary''s Student

"matt" wrote:

I've got a list of data with some values missing. Is there a way that I can
leave the data unaltered, while listing which values are missing from each
column?

So if my data looks like this:

<header <data 1 <data 2<
1 .5 .6
2 .4
3
4 .6 .2

my list will have
data 1 data 2
2 3
3

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

matt

That works. Thanks.

But is there any way to automate this. The rest of my process is automated
into a macro, and it would be best if I could include this there. The missing
values will be different for each set of data.

"matt" wrote:

I've got a list of data with some values missing. Is there a way that I can
leave the data unaltered, while listing which values are missing from each
column?

So if my data looks like this:

<header <data 1 <data 2<
1 .5 .6
2 .4
3
4 .6 .2

my list will have
data 1 data 2
2 3
3

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dave Peterson

Maybe you could just apply Data|Filter|autofilter to your range.

Then use the dropdown (for each column) to show just the blanks.

Then data|filter|show all
then filter by the next column.