-   -   Drop Down Calendar in Excel with a Default Value (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/448840-drop-down-calendar-excel-default-value.html)

Jes Waddell

Drop Down Calendar in Excel with a Default Value

Hi All,

I'm using the drop down calendar function in vba and I want when you open my document there to be no date showing for that drop down field because it's not something that will always be used. I can't seem to figure out how to make that work.

Thanks,
Jes

[email protected]

On Tuesday, June 4, 2013 7:32:42 PM UTC-7, Jes Waddell wrote:
Hi All,

I'm using the drop down calendar function in vba and I want when you open my document there to be no date showing for that drop down field because it's not something that will always be used. I can't seem to figure out how to make that work.

Thanks,

Jes

Try this in the ThisWorkBook module, change H1 to your dropdown cell.

Option Explicit

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Range("H1").ClearContents

Howard