Junior Member

Question Sum to a mid point in a dynamic table

I have a table which changes dependant on ages input on another sheet.
This table starts at the current age and the rows go down to an age in the future. Both these ages can change so you might have a start age of 50 and an end age of 65, so 16 rows or it could be start 55, end 62 so only 8 rows.

Column A lists the ages i.e. 50,51,52,53, etc. and then other columns have figures relating to that age such as income in column F.

The problem I have is that I need to sum the income up to the midpoint so in the first example I need to sum the F column from age 50 to age 57 and in the second from age 55 to 58. I just can't figure out how to do it.

I've tried various functions over the last few hours but getting nowhere.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sum to a mid point in a dynamic table

Hi,

Am Fri, 10 May 2013 18:54:57 +0100 schrieb raith99:

The problem I have is that I need to sum the income up to the midpoint
so in the first example I need to sum the F column from age 50 to age 57
and in the second from age 55 to 58. I just can't figure out how to do
it.

try:
=SUMIF(A1:A20,"<="&MEDIAN(A1:A20),F1:F20)

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Junior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus Busch View Post
Hi,

Am Fri, 10 May 2013 18:54:57 +0100 schrieb raith99:

The problem I have is that I need to sum the income up to the midpoint
so in the first example I need to sum the F column from age 50 to age 57
and in the second from age 55 to 58. I just can't figure out how to do
it.

try:
=SUMIF(A1:A20,"<="&MEDIAN(A1:A20),F1:F20)

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2