Junior Member

Default Highlighted

In 2007 anyone know how to make a selected column darker so as to make a found cell using Find & Replace more visable
The shading is so light I can hardly see the highlighted cells
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Phil,

Am Fri, 26 Apr 2013 08:24:33 +0100 schrieb Phil Kirby:

In 2007 anyone know how to make a selected column darker so as to make a
found cell using Find & Replace more visable
The shading is so light I can hardly see the highlighted cells

try:
Dim myRange As Range

With ActiveSheet
Set myRange = Intersect(Target.EntireColumn, .UsedRange)
.UsedRange.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
myRange.Interior.ColorIndex = 15
End With
End Sub

Put the code in the code module of the expected sheet

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus Busch View Post
Hi Phil,

Am Fri, 26 Apr 2013 08:24:33 +0100 schrieb Phil Kirby:

In 2007 anyone know how to make a selected column darker so as to make a
found cell using Find & Replace more visable
The shading is so light I can hardly see the highlighted cells

try:
Dim myRange As Range

With ActiveSheet
Set myRange = Intersect(Target.EntireColumn, .UsedRange)
.UsedRange.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
myRange.Interior.ColorIndex = 15
End With
End Sub

Put the code in the code module of the expected sheet

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Cheers Claus,
Although I appreciate a macro on each woksheet would work but that will restrict it
There must be a way to default in the display properties somewhere

Anyone??
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Phil

This used to work in Excel 2007........no sure if it still does.

You can add or modify a key in the Registry if you are comforatble
hacking in the Regsitry.

Best to create a Restore Point before attempting any changes.

StartRun regedit.exe

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\E xcel\Options

On right-side pane right-click on "Options6" and modifydecimal number
from 32 to 16.

If you don't have an Options6 you must create it by adding a new DWORD
value

EditNewDWORD

Rename to Options6 and set decimal value to 16

Selected cells on 2007 will be Black

Gord

On Fri, 26 Apr 2013 08:24:33 +0100, Phil Kirby
wrote:

In 2007 anyone know how to make a selected column darker so as to make a
found cell using Find & Replace more visable
The shading is so light I can hardly see the highlighted cells

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes, it does still work.

Gord

wrote:

In 2007 anyone know how to make a selected column darker so as to make a
found cell using Find & Replace more visable
The shading is so light I can hardly see the highlighted cells

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

-
[...]

Give it a range name, and when referenced in/with 'select', it will
always be the expected "highlighted area".

Picking it from the drop down list of named ranges up in the upper left
corner of the worksheet takes you there instantly, fully and properly
highlighted, with absolute and "high" confidence.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

wrote:

In 2007 anyone know how to make a selected column darker so as to make a
found cell using Find & Replace more visable
The shading is so light I can hardly see the highlighted cells

Once a "find" action has been selected, and there was no "no match
found" message, you can use the cursor key to shift over and back one
cell, thereby exposing the cell in which the find nested itself.

subtracting the highlighted ones ganga Excel Worksheet Functions 1 March 3rd 07 12:26 AM
How to copy a highlighted row broncoted Excel Programming 3 July 16th 06 04:38 PM
Highlighted ED New Users to Excel 5 April 13th 06 09:31 PM
Highlighted Cell Dave Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 May 1st 05 05:40 PM
Highlighted Cell Dave Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 May 1st 05 05:22 PM