-   -   Userrange to formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/448576-userrange-formula.html)

Klaasv

Userrange to formula

Dear all,

I am new with the VBA part of Excel but I want to learn the language. Now I came up with the following problem. I want a pop upbox where the user can select a range and after pressing ok this should be converted to a formula in cell c1 (formula= "=sum(selected range)").

Now I have this:
Sub Test()

Set UserRange = Application.InputBox("Hallo", "Select your range:")
Rng = Application.WorksheetFunction.Sum(UserRange)
Range("C1").Select
Selection.Value = Rng

End Sub

After the popup it stops. Most likely because I misuse the Sum function but I couldn't find out a solution. Can someone help me?

Claus Busch

Userrange to formula

Hi,

Am Wed, 10 Apr 2013 14:00:15 +0000 schrieb Klaasv:

Now I have this:
Sub Test()

Set UserRange = Application.InputBox("Hallo", "Select your range:")
Rng = Application.WorksheetFunction.Sum(UserRange)
Range("C1").Select
Selection.Value = Rng

End Sub

try:

Sub Test()
Dim UserRange As Range

Set UserRange = Application.InputBox("Hallo", _
"Select your range:", Type:=8)
If Not UserRange Is Nothing Then
[C1] = WorksheetFunction.Sum(UserRange)

Regards