-   -   Search OF Macros for a specific phrase (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/448364-search-macros-specific-phrase.html)

JHB

Search OF Macros for a specific phrase

Hi:

I have a spreadsheet with numerous macros in it, and have one that
pops up a statement (using msgbox) saying what is happening in a
criptic way. This is a reminent from someone else debugging the
spreadsheet and I want to get rid of it. HOWEVER I cannot find where
it is in the tangle of macros that exisit. Is there any way to search
macros contents and find a specific phrase of combination of letters?

It would be a help if someone could point me in the right direction

John Baker

GS[_2_]

Search OF Macros for a specific phrase

JHB explained :
Hi:

I have a spreadsheet with numerous macros in it, and have one that
pops up a statement (using msgbox) saying what is happening in a
criptic way. This is a reminent from someone else debugging the
spreadsheet and I want to get rid of it. HOWEVER I cannot find where
it is in the tangle of macros that exisit. Is there any way to search
macros contents and find a specific phrase of combination of letters?

It would be a help if someone could point me in the right direction

John Baker

Post the message! It may be an error message or a deliberate VBA
generated notification. The only way to tell is to see the message.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

JHB

Free usenet access athttp://www.eternal-september.org
Classic VB Users Regroup!
* comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
* microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Message is " Debug Entry--file was not downloaded."

The person who developed it remembers using it to trace an error, but
has no time to spend digging it out.