-   -   GetSaveAsFilename not working in Excel 2003 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/44832-getsaveasfilename-not-working-excel-2003-a.html)

Mayur Patel

GetSaveAsFilename not working in Excel 2003

I am having trouble with a macro that worked in Excel 2000 but will not work
in Excel 2003. In 2000, this macro saves just the data portion but in 2003
it loops endlessly. I also have trouble with a few more macros. Is there a
place where I can go to find variances between Excel 2000 VBA and 2003?

Do
answer = Application.GetSaveAsFilename(InitialFilename:="In itFile",
FileFilter:="Text Files (*.txt), *.txt", Title:="SAP Upload File Name")
Loop Until answer < False
Worksheets("sheet1").SaveAs filename:=answer

Ron de Bruin

Hi

Is the complete code ?
Do you want to save the sheet as a txt file ?

Try this

Sub test()
Dim wb As Workbook
Do
answer = Application.GetSaveAsFilename(InitialFileName:="In itFile", _
FileFilter:="Text Files (*.txt), *.txt", Title:="SAP Upload File Name")
Loop Until answer < False
Worksheets("sheet1").Copy
Set wb = ActiveWorkbook
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=answer, FileFormat:=xlText
wb.Close False

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Mayur Patel" <Mayur wrote in message ...
I am having trouble with a macro that worked in Excel 2000 but will not work
in Excel 2003. In 2000, this macro saves just the data portion but in 2003
it loops endlessly. I also have trouble with a few more macros. Is there a
place where I can go to find variances between Excel 2000 VBA and 2003?

Do
answer = Application.GetSaveAsFilename(InitialFilename:="In itFile",
FileFilter:="Text Files (*.txt), *.txt", Title:="SAP Upload File Name")
Loop Until answer < False
Worksheets("sheet1").SaveAs filename:=answer

Mayur Patel

This is the complete code. My problem isn't with the SaveAs, it is with the
Application.GetSaveAsFilename function.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

[...]

I will open a VPC with 2003 to test

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

[...]

First test is OK in 2003

Can you explain this line
Worksheets("sheet1").SaveAs filename:=answer

What do you want to do ?

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

[...]

Since it worked for you, I have to assume that the problem is with our
company's installation of Excel 2003. I wasn't even getting to
"Worksheets("sheet1").SaveAs filename:=answer".

By the way, to answer your question, I was trying to save the sheet with the
given name as a text file (tab delimited).

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

First test is OK in 2003

Can you explain this line

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

[...]

Use my first example then that copy the sheet into a new workbook and save it

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Mayur Patel" wrote in message ...
Since it worked for you, I have to assume that the problem is with our
company's installation of Excel 2003. I wasn't even getting to
"Worksheets("sheet1").SaveAs filename:=answer".

By the way, to answer your question, I was trying to save the sheet with the
given name as a text file (tab delimited).

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

First test is OK in 2003

Can you explain this line

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

[...]

Thanks for your help, Ron.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

By the way, to answer your question, I was trying to save the sheet with the
given name as a text file (tab delimited).

Use my first example then that copy the sheet into a new workbook and save it

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Mayur Patel" wrote in message ...
Since it worked for you, I have to assume that the problem is with our
company's installation of Excel 2003. I wasn't even getting to
"Worksheets("sheet1").SaveAs filename:=answer".

By the way, to answer your question, I was trying to save the sheet with the
given name as a text file (tab delimited).

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

First test is OK in 2003

Can you explain this line

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

[...]

Change
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=answer, FileFormat:=xlText

wb.SaveAs Filename:=answer, FileFormat:=xlText

--

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

By the way, to answer your question, I was trying to save the sheet with the
given name as a text file (tab delimited).

Use my first example then that copy the sheet into a new workbook and save it

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Mayur Patel" wrote in message ...
Since it worked for you, I have to assume that the problem is with our
company's installation of Excel 2003. I wasn't even getting to
"Worksheets("sheet1").SaveAs filename:=answer".

By the way, to answer your question, I was trying to save the sheet with the
given name as a text file (tab delimited).

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

First test is OK in 2003

Can you explain this line