Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Duplicates Deletion ?

Hello,

Thanks again for All the previous help.
Really appreciate it.

Using Excel 2007.

Have a "big" database of radio frequencies that I really don't want to
inadvertently mess up.

But, would like to (automatically) Delete duplicates.
Would also like to highlight the duplicate values first, before doing
any deletions.

Column A has the values that I would like to check for duplications.

But, I want to delete not only Column A duplicates, but what's on the
entire line. e.g., if line 20 and line 40 have duplicate values in
column A, then the entire line 20 (or line 40) is to be deleted.

I looked at the Duplicate menus, but it's a bit confusing as to how to
make sure I get the entire line deleted
(rather than what is in the column A cell).

How do I do this, please ?

BTW: what criteria is used as to how it selects either line 20, or line
40, for the deletion ?

Thanks,
Bob
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Bob,

Am Mon, 04 Mar 2013 12:54:07 -0500 schrieb Bob:

But, would like to (automatically) Delete duplicates.
Would also like to highlight the duplicate values first, before doing
any deletions.

Column A has the values that I would like to check for duplications.

select your column A = Conditional Formatting = Formula and as
formula:
=COUNTIF($A$1:A1,A1)1 and choose a color to fill.
Then Filter = Filter by color and delete the wisible rows

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Bob submitted this idea :
[...]

Just right-click the row label (20 or 40) and choose Delete on the
popup menu.

In the case of multiplr dupes, hold down the 'Ctrl' while selecting
rows to delete. Then right-click any selected row to delete them all at
once.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!