-   -   How do you make some characters in a cell bold and some not? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/4480-how-do-you-make-some-characters-cell-bold-some-not.html)

tracman

How do you make some characters in a cell bold and some not?

I want to make some characters in a single cell bold and some not. How does
one format characters differently in the same cell?

Debra Dalgleish

Select the cell
In the formula bar, select the characters that you want to bold
On the formatting toolbar, click the Bold button
When finished, press the Enter key.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Myrna Larson

NOte that Debra's solution works only for cells containing literal text, not
text that is the result of a formula.

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 17:49:01 -0800, "tracman"
wrote:

I want to make some characters in a single cell bold and some not. How does
one format characters differently in the same cell?

tracman

Thanks, Your solution worked.

wrote:

I want to make some characters in a single cell bold and some not. How does
one format characters differently in the same cell?

tracman

Thank you. Your solution worked.