Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Junior Member

Default Insert prefix and suffix to existing string

I have multiple columns and rows that need to have text added to the beginning and end of the existing string in the cell. There are too many columns to use a formula in the next column and I cannot use formatting to display the desired text because this file is going to be used by a program other than excel. Is there any way to use Find&Replace to add text before the existing string, then existing cell string, then additional text after existing string?
example:
existing string: 1.24567
want it to say <bol1.24567</bol

the string length will vary and I only want to do it for highlighted cells. Macro might be the way to go but I have limited use with macros.
thanks for your help!