-   -   Excel Shortcut Key (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/447695-excel-shortcut-key.html)

smiling_smiler

Excel Shortcut Key

To all the guru's out there,

Is there a way at all possible for me to disable shortcut keys within a worksheet in excel, also im not sure if its under excel options, but is there a way i can stop a user from clicking on a worksheet e.g. a worksheet full of graphs a user cannot select a cell, or a cell wouldnt be selected?

Many thanks for your responses.

GS[_2_]

Excel Shortcut Key

smiling_smiler brought next idea :
To all the guru's out there,

Is there a way at all possible for me to disable shortcut keys within a
worksheet in excel, also im not sure if its under excel options, but is
there a way i can stop a user from clicking on a worksheet e.g. a
worksheet full of graphs a user cannot select a cell, or a cell wouldnt
be selected?

Many thanks for your responses.

You can protect the sheet and allow users to only select unlocked
cells. Of course, all the cells will need to be locked to prevent user
selecting anything.

You can disable/enable keyboard shortcuts via VBA in sheet event
handlers so they toggle off/on as the target sheet is
activated/deactivated. I accomplish this in my dictator apps by storing
the shortcuts in a string constant that I load into an array and
iterating it as needed. Please provide a list of the shortcuts you want
to disable/enable and I'll see what I can do toward providing a
reusable function for this.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!