-   -   Please Help (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/447496-please-help.html)

nkanaga

Please Help

Could some one please let me know how to sum the below number. The below numbers are in the same draw and coulmn.

5+9+3+8+1+6

steveseer1

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkanaga (Post 1606775)
Could some one please let me know how to sum the below number. The below numbers are in the same draw and coulmn.

5+9+3+8+1+6

If the numbers are in A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, and A6 respectively, then the following formulas would work in A7.

=A1+A2+A3+A4+A5+A6

or

=SUM(A1:A6)

steveseer1

Quote:

Originally Posted by steveseer1 (Post 1606777)
If the numbers are in A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, and A6 respectively, then the following formulas would work in A7.

=A1+A2+A3+A4+A5+A6

or

=SUM(A1:A6)

Or you could simply type "=5+9+3+8+1+6" and it will add up those numbers.

nkanaga

The numbers are in the first draw and first column.

steveseer1

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkanaga (Post 1606779)
The numbers are in the first draw and first column.

Can you provide a screenshot or zip file? This would help clarify what you're asking for.

Thanks,
Steve

Cimjet[_4_]

Please Help

--

nkanaga

Hi
If all the numbers are in the same row, just place an '=' equal sign before e.g.
=5+9+3+8+1+6

Don Guillett[_2_]

Please Help

On Friday, October 26, 2012 11:03:23 AM UTC-5, nkanaga wrote:
Could some one please let me know how to sum the below number. The below

numbers are in the same draw and coulmn.

5+9+3+8+1+6

--

nkanaga

And, in the future pls use a MEANINGFUL subject line