-   -   Macro with worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/447448-macro-worksheet.html)

boodybah

Macro with worksheet

Hi,
Does anyone know how to save a worksheet within a macro.

I already created a macro and saved it to the excel add ins, I want to save a worksheet to it so that when the macro works on any sheet it uses data from that saved worksheet in it (as a database)?

Hope it is clear...!

jack_n_bub

Quote:

Originally Posted by boodybah (Post 1606585)
Hi,
Does anyone know how to save a worksheet within a macro.

I already created a macro and saved it to the excel add ins, I want to save a worksheet to it so that when the macro works on any sheet it uses data from that saved worksheet in it (as a database)?

Hope it is clear...!

Hi,

Put the worksheet in your addin. To do this open the workbook (the .xlsm version of the addin) and put the worksheet there. Save the workbook and convert it to addin again. Replace this addin with the existing one.

You can then write code/formulas that takes an argument from the open workbook and compares it with the worksheet saved within your addin. Does this make sense?

If you are not sure, please share the sample addin and what you want to do with it and I can sort it out for you.

Thank You,
Prashant