-   -   saving template (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/44737-saving-template.html)

Marlis

saving template

I created a book which I saved as a template. The book has 3 sheets: an
invoice, a customer list, and a "shipping list". I used validation to create
some drop down lists in the sheet named invoice.
I want to be able to save each invoice in a separate book, without copying
the other two pages. I'm not sure how to do this.

thank you

Dave Peterson

You can right click on the invoice worksheet tab and choose move or copy.

Click that copy checkbox in the bottom and copy that worksheet to a new
workbook.

Then save that new workbook.

--

Dave Peterson

Marlis

When I copy the page to another book, I get an error message "value". I know
it is because of the validation, but I don't know how to fix it. As long as
I have the original template open, it's fine, but as soon as I close the
original, I get the error.

Thank you

Marlis wrote:

I created a book which I saved as a template. The book has 3 sheets: an
invoice, a customer list, and a "shipping list". I used validation to create
some drop down lists in the sheet named invoice.
I want to be able to save each invoice in a separate book, without copying
the other two pages. I'm not sure how to do this.

thank you

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

If it is caused by data|Validation, maybe you could enter the values in the
data|validation dialog--or move the list to a hidden spot on the same worksheet.