-   -   Nested Subtotals in Excel 2002 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/44714-nested-subtotals-excel-2002-a.html)

KG

Nested Subtotals in Excel 2002

Is there a known problem with nested subtotals in Excel 2002? I followed the
directions to the letter but the outer subtotals dom't work once I add the
nested subtotals.

If there is no known problem in Excel 2002, can you refer me to
writeups/articles regarding the use of nested totals?

Dave Peterson

maybe...

Multilevel subtotals are in the wrong position in Excel 2002 and in Excel 2003

--

Dave Peterson

KG

Actually the problem was with me: as I said I followed the instructions to
the letter instead of doing it intuitively, as a result of which I forgot to
uncheck the "replace current subtotals" box. First embarrassment then joy!
Nested subtotals work fine...