-   -   Formula autofill to cells below – formula arguments are cell areas in different columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/447066-formula-autofill-cells-below-%96-formula-arguments-cell-areas-different-columns.html)

[email protected]

Formula autofill to cells below – formula arguments are cell areas in different columns

Hello,

I have a sheet that contains a sum function in cell B1 and I would like to autofill B2:B6. However, the addends of the sums for each of these cells are in different columns, namely, in cells E2:E4, F2:F4, G2:G4 etc. How do I accomplish this? Using absolute references for rows, columns, or both doesn't work.

This picture should illustrate the problem:
http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/...mg/9300441.gif

Pekka

Claus Busch

Formula autofill to cells below ? formula arguments are cell areas in different columns

hi Pekka,

Am Fri, 7 Sep 2012 13:02:37 -0700 (PDT) schrieb :

I have a sheet that contains a sum function in cell B1 and I would like to autofill B2:B6. However, the addends of the sums for each of these cells are in different columns, namely, in cells E2:E4, F2:F4, G2:G4 etc. How do I accomplish this? Using absolute references for rows, columns, or both doesn't work.

This picture should illustrate the problem:
http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/...mg/9300441.gif

try:
=SUM(OFFSET($E$2,,ROW(B1)-1,3))

Regards