-   -   Font used in Word won't come up in Excel - usg as data base-envel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/44704-font-used-word-wont-come-up-excel-usg-data-base-envel.html)

SLJackson

Font used in Word won't come up in Excel - usg as data base-envel

I crated a data base in Excel to use to print envelopes. I want the font to
be Lucida Calligraphy as that is the font I used in Word to crate the
document.

I've tried to change the font by highligting the data and typing in the font
and size but it won't come up.

On the web site it shows this font available in Office 2003, which I have
but when checking my "Font" in Control Panel it does not show, however I did
use it to create the original documents in Word.

Help please. Thanks, SLJackson

Dave Peterson

One of differences between MSWord and Excel is the ability to embed a font into
a document.

MSWord supports this. Excel doesn't.

If you start a brand new word document, can you choose "Lucinda Calligraphy"?

I use WinXP Home and it's not available for me. But "lucinda calligraphy
italic" is (in Word, Excel, and Fonts under the control panel).

--

Dave Peterson