-   -   Dynamically create worksheets in Excel based off existing data? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/44703-dynamically-create-worksheets-excel-based-off-existing-data.html)

tlozier

Dynamically create worksheets in Excel based off existing data?

I run a huge report monthly that needs to be broken down to several
worksheets within the workbook. I'm manually doing this now and it takes
hours. I start with a signal worksheet that has all my data, then I sort the
data, then I copy and paste to new worksheets. There has to be a way I can
automate this process, please any and all ideas are welcome. Thanks

Dave Peterson

I'd do my best to keep the data in one worksheet and use filters and sorts to
display what I wanted.

But if you really need separate worksheets, can you pick out a column that
indicates what worksheet should get that row?

Both Debra Dalgleish and Ron de Bruin may have solutions for you:

Debra's site:

Create New Sheets from Filtered List -- uses an Advanced Filter to create
separate sheet of orders for each sales rep visible in a filtered list; macro
automates the filter. AdvFilterRepFiltered.xls 35 kb

or

Update Sheets from Master -- uses an Advanced Filter to send data from
Master sheet to individual worksheets -- replaces old data with current.
AdvFilterCity.xls 55 kb

Ron de Bruin's easyfilter.
http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

--