-   -   Urgent (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/44701-urgent.html)

Urgent

I am having a problem saving a file because it has too many conditional and
cell formats. Is there anyway to solve this problem?

Chip Pearson

Reduce the number of cell formats.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Urgent" wrote in message
I am having a problem saving a file because it has too many
conditional and
cell formats. Is there anyway to solve this problem?

Gary''s Student

It is possible, by using the Macro Recorder, to record the actions that
applied the formats to your cells. Once this is done you can run the macro
to re-paint the formats anytime you want.

Before attempting to save the file, first clear all the formats in all the
cells. When the file is re-loaded, execute the macro to re-paint the formats.
--
Gary''s Student

"Urgent" wrote in message
I am having a problem saving a file because it has too many
conditional and
cell formats. Is there anyway to solve this problem?

David McRitchie

You receive a "Too many different cell formats" error message in Excel
http://support.microsoft.com/default...5BLN%5D;213904

Deleting Unused Formats code from Leo Heuser can be found in
David Hager’s EEE007, about 1/2 way down the page. Look for
DeleteUnusedCustomNumberFormats [also see updated version 2001-05-06]
http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/eee/eee007.txt
http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...%40tkmsftngp02
---
HTH,