-   -   How do I get multiple lines of text in a Excel cell? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/44695-how-do-i-get-multiple-lines-text-excel-cell.html)

Tene

How do I get multiple lines of text in a Excel cell?

Hi,

This question drives me insane each time I use Excel, stupidly I don't write
it down because its under help, but now I can't find it.

So, could you please tell me how I can achieve multiple lines of text within
a cell

Thanks from an idiot!
Tene

Anne Troy

I suspect you mean Alt+Enter? That puts a carriage return within the cell.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Tene" wrote in message

This question drives me insane each time I use Excel, stupidly I don't
write
it down because its under help, but now I can't find it.

So, could you please tell me how I can achieve multiple lines of text
within
a cell

Thanks from an idiot!
Tene

David Hepner

alt+enter

"Tene" wrote:

Hi,

This question drives me insane each time I use Excel, stupidly I don't write
it down because its under help, but now I can't find it.

So, could you please tell me how I can achieve multiple lines of text within
a cell

Thanks from an idiot!
Tene

Ray A

one way
ctrl+enter will start a new line
HTH

"Tene" wrote:

Hi,

This question drives me insane each time I use Excel, stupidly I don't write
it down because its under help, but now I can't find it.

So, could you please tell me how I can achieve multiple lines of text within
a cell

Thanks from an idiot!
Tene

bj

<format<cells<alignment select wrap text
to force a line break alt-enter
"Tene" wrote:

Hi,

This question drives me insane each time I use Excel, stupidly I don't write
it down because its under help, but now I can't find it.

So, could you please tell me how I can achieve multiple lines of text within
a cell

Thanks from an idiot!
Tene

Ron de Bruin

Hi Tene

Use Alt-Enter

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Tene" wrote in message ...
Hi,

This question drives me insane each time I use Excel, stupidly I don't write
it down because its under help, but now I can't find it.

So, could you please tell me how I can achieve multiple lines of text within
a cell

Thanks from an idiot!
Tene

Alan

When you reach the break point, hit Alt and Enter together,
Regards,
Alan.
"Tene" wrote in message

This question drives me insane each time I use Excel, stupidly I don't
write
it down because its under help, but now I can't find it.

So, could you please tell me how I can achieve multiple lines of text
within
a cell

Thanks from an idiot!
Tene

Tene

thanks everyone!

Tene

Anne Troy

And if that's not enough, try Alt+Enter. LOL!!
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Tene" wrote in message
thanks everyone!

Tene

Alan

or Enter + Alt even!
"Anne Troy" wrote in message
And if that's not enough, try Alt+Enter. LOL!!
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Tene" wrote in message
thanks everyone!

Tene

ppete83606

1) format the cell as text
2) click the alignment tab
3) directly under the heading Text Control there is a wrap text check
box.
4) click on the check box. (a check should appear in it)
5) click ok
6) save your work, text wrap is now on for that cell or range of cells

this works for me every time

Paul

--
ppete83606