-   -   Excel and date ranges (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/446334-excel-date-ranges.html)

AnnieBacorn

Excel and date ranges

I need to set up a series of recurring dates in excel for various clients. They will be recurring in increments of every 2 weeks or every 3 weeks etc. I'll want to use it for easy access to the date I need to schedule the next appointment since I'll do that at the end of every month for the following month. So if my June appointment for client X is on the 19th the next will be July 10th then 17th and so on....how do I calculate that? Thanks!

AnnieBacorn

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieBacorn (Post 1602726)
I need to set up a series of recurring dates in excel for various clients. They will be recurring in increments of every 2 weeks or every 3 weeks etc. I'll want to use it for easy access to the date I need to schedule the next appointment since I'll do that at the end of every month for the following month. So if my June appointment for client X is on the 19th the next will be July 10th then 17th and so on....how do I calculate that? Thanks!

Oh, it's 2007

zvkmpw

Excel and date ranges

I need to set up a series of recurring dates in excel for various
clients. They will be recurring in increments of every 2 weeks or every
3 weeks etc. I'll want to use it for easy access to the date I need to
schedule the next appointment since I'll do that at the end of every
month for the following month. So if my June appointment for client X is
on the 19th the next will be July 10th then 17th and so on....how do I
calculate that? Thanks!

Dates in Excel are just whole numbers. Add 14 for two weeks later; 21 for 3 weeks later; etc.

Maybe I'm missing the point, though. The question doesn't seem to specify when to use how-many weeks.

AnnieBacorn

Quote:

Originally Posted by zvkmpw (Post 1602743)
I need to set up a series of recurring dates in excel for various
clients. They will be recurring in increments of every 2 weeks or every
3 weeks etc. I'll want to use it for easy access to the date I need to
schedule the next appointment since I'll do that at the end of every
month for the following month. So if my June appointment for client X is
on the 19th the next will be July 10th then 17th and so on....how do I
calculate that? Thanks!

Dates in Excel are just whole numbers. Add 14 for two weeks later; 21 for 3 weeks later; etc.

Maybe I'm missing the point, though. The question doesn't seem to specify when to use how-many weeks.

I think I was making it a bit too complicated. Thanks, that worked!