-   -   Excell Newbie (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/44589-excell-newbie.html)

Viki Mason

Excell Newbie

I was struggling with a time sheet issue when I found this helpful forum. I used advice from one post that told me to use this formula: =D2-A2-(C2-B2). I'm using regular time, not military. The formula works just fine except that I need to get a daily total and a total for the pay period. I used the sum function to get the total hours, but for some reason, and I'm thinking it MUST be a formatting error, the total becomes less as the days add up. What on earth am I doing wrong??
Thanks for any help.
Viki

Sandy Mann

Viki,

I assume that you are running into the fact that when XL reaches 24 hours in
time it converts it to 1 day and then starts countingthe hours again. If so
custom format the cell as [h]:mm which will prevent the hours 'rolling over'
into days.

--
HTH

Sandy